- What is exfoliator? Exfoliator is a skin care product that has a fine texture to it that will help slough off dead skin cells and smooth your skin.
- How do you exfoliate your skin? After you have cleansed your face, take a small amount of exfoliator on your fingertips. Gently rub the product into your wet skin in circular motions. Focus on your nose, sides of nose, cheeks, chin, and forehead. Make sure to avoid the eye area! The small granules will do their magic and gently rub off the dead skin cells and product buildup. After a good rub, rinse your face with warm water and a wash cloth and pat to dry. That’s it!
- How often should you exfoliate your face? The frequency you exfoliate your face depends on your skin. If you have sensitive skin, then just exfoliate once a week. If you have normal skin, then you can exfoliate your face 2-3 times a week.
- What are the best exfoliators to use for your face? There are a ton of exfoliators on the market. Some are great and some aren’t so great. Here are my top 4 tried and true exfoliators that I use and love: Daily Essential Co Exfoliant, Salis Salt Scrub, Rodan + Field Microdermabrasion Paste, Seint Masque
What is Exfoliator?
How Do you Exfoliate Your Skin?
How Often Should You Exfoliate Your Face?
What are the Best Exfoliators For Your Face?
There are a ton of exfoliators on the market. Some are great and some aren’t so great. Here are my top 4 tried and true exfoliators that I use and love:
- Daily Essential Co Exfoliant– This one is by far my very favorite!! It’s a plant based exfoliant. It has salicylic acid and jojoba oil beads that leave your skin so soft! It’s so gentle that it can be used daily. Since I’ve been using this in my skin care routine, my skin has never been so smooth and healthy! I also LOVE their oil cleanser, hyaluronic acid, and oil serum! (for 10% off, use this discount code at checkout: TDEJOELLEN)
- Salis Salt Scrub– I love that this is all natural. It contains Redmond Real salt, Redmond clay, essential oil, and jojoba oil. It’s very healing! My personal fave is the Sandalwood Salt Scrub.
- Rodan + Field Microdermabrasion Paste– This is a great face and body exfoliant. It leaves your skin feeling nice and smooth!
- Seint Masque– This is used as a masque to exfoliate your skin. It removes the dead surface cells of your skin by leaving it on for several minutes.
Here are other blogposts you might enjoy:
About the Author
JoEllen is a licensed aesthetician, certified makeup artist, and certified John Maxwell coach, speaker, and trainer. She works with women helping them look and feel confident. She loves teaching women simple beauty techniques so they can feel empowered to try it at home. Her motto is that when you look and feel good, you do good!