We’ve all heard it, but we either don’t have time or we forget to do it…clean our makeup brushes! Well, I have the quickest and easiest way to clean makeup brushes. Here’s how to clean makeup brushes with Seint brush cleaner…
- Why do you need to clean makeup brushes? Makeup brushes harbor bacteria! Dirty makeup brushes can spread germs which can cause sickness or breakouts. Dirty makeup brushes can cause a poor makeup application. Dirty makeup brushes can eat through your makeup faster, making you waste money. Dirty makeup brushes can break faster.
- What products should you use to clean makeup brushes? The simplest way to clean your makeup brushes is with Seint Brush Cleanser and a clean cloth or paper towel. That’s it. Seint Brush Cleanser will sanitize and strengthen the brush’s bristles.
- How to clean makeup brushes? Simply take the Seint Brush Cleanser and a clean cloth, spray the cloth with the cleanser, swirl the dirty bristles on the cloth and you have a clean brush in a few seconds!
- How often should you clean your makeup brushes? It’s best to clean your makeup brushes about once a week. If you are a heavy makeup user (meaning you like to wear a lot of makeup) then you can clean them more often.
Why Do We Need to Clean Makeup Brushes?
First off, why do we even need to clean our makeup brushes?? There are so many reasons why!! Let me break it down for you:
- Our brushes harbor bacteria. Bacteria from the oils and sweat from our face. Bacteria from our makeup products. Bacteria from the dust and dirt that collects on the surface of our skin. Ewww. All that bacteria settles in the bristles of the brushes and grows.
- Dirty brushes will spread that bacteria and cause breakouts. No thank you!
- Dirty brushes build up makeup product over time, making your makeup application splotchy and uneven.
- Dirty brushes soak up product faster, making you go through your makeup quicker, making you spend more money on makeup!
- Dirty brushes break down faster and will make your brushes fall apart. This will shorten your makeup brush’s life span, making you fork out more money on new brushes.
Do I have you convinced yet why you need to clean your makeup brushes?? Taking the time to clean your makeup brushes will save you money. It will help your skin be healthy. And it will give you a great makeup application. Win win win!
What Products to Use to Clean Makeup Brushes
Now that you understand the importance of a clean makeup brush, what products do you need to get the job done?? There are lots of techniques and products out there that you can use. But, I like to keep things super simple. The quickest, easiest, and simplest way to clean your makeup brushes is with Seint Brush Cleanser and a clean cloth or paper towel. That’s it. Seint Brush Cleanser will sanitize and strengthen the brush’s bristles.
Seint Brush Cleaner
What’s so good about Seint brush cleaner? Here are some perks:
- It’s quick drying! Have you ever needed to wash your makeup brushes but you realize if you do, then you can’t use them for several hours, sometimes even more than a day, because they’ll be too wet to use?? It’s so frustrating! With Seint brush cleaner, you can clean your makeup brushes in a minute and use it seconds later!
- It’s so quick and easy to use!
- It sanitizes and kills bacteria.
- It conditions the bristles.
- It smells sooo yummy!
How to Clean Makeup Brushes
There are 2 simple ways to clean your brushes with Seint brush cleaner:
- Take the Seint Brush Cleanser, a clean cloth, and your dirty makeup brush. Simply spray the bristles of the brush with the Seint Brush Cleanser and take the dirty brush and swirl the bristles on the cloth until all the product comes off. If your brush is really dirty, then repeat until the bristles are free from product.
- Take the brush cleaner and spray the cloth. Then take your dirty makeup brush and swirl it around on the wet spot on the cloth. Repeat as needed.
That’s it! The best part is that you don’t have to wait for it to dry. Seint Brush Cleanser is fast drying! You can clean your brush in one minute and use it the next minute. It’s awesome!
How Often to Clean Makeup Brushes
It’s best to clean your makeup brushes about once a week. If you are a heavy makeup user (meaning you like to wear a lot of makeup) then you can clean them more often. But the key is consistency. Don’t let your brushes get so dirty that bacteria and product is building up and causing breakouts and other problems. Pick one day a week that you can remember to bust out your cleanser and take a few minutes to clean your brush collection. Make it a habit!
Where to Buy Seint Brush Cleaner
So now that I’ve convinced you that you need to clean your makeup brushes more often and that Seint brush cleaner is the quickest and easiest way to do it, where do you buy it?? It’s simple…shop HERE for Seint Brush Cleaner and you will have it within a week!
How to Clean Makeup Brushes Overnight
If you want a more thorough way to clean your makeup brushes, then you will want to invest in a brush cleansing soap. The Seint Brush Cleanser is great for a quick sanitizing and you can use your makeup brush right after! But for a thorough cleaning, brush soap is a longer process…a longer cleaning and drying process.
Start by taking the Seint brush soap, get the makeup brush bristles wet (but be sure not to fully submerge the brushes in water or it will break down the glue!) Swirl your brush in the soap and then swirl the brush on the silicon scrubber. Add water to the scrubber as needed until the makeup and soap disappear. Take a cloth and carefully dry the brush. Lay it flat to dry over night. Voila!
The key is to make sure not to get water into the handle of the brush. Don’t let the bristles soak up the water or have the water run into the brush. Less water is better.
Where to Store Makeup Brushes
If you’ve spent the money on good brushes, you want to take good care of them! If you’re looking for a safe place to store your makeup brushes, then consider purchasing a brush holder. It’s a great place to keep your brushes flat and safe so the bristles don’t get bent.
Where to Buy Seint Makeup Brushes
You now know the best brush cleanser to use, but what about the best makeup brushes?? Everyone has their opinion, but my very favorite makeup brushes are Seint brushes. There are so many perks about Seint makeup brushes!
- Seint brushes are double ended so you get more bang for your buck!
- They’re extremely well made and will last for years! I’ve had mine for 5 years and they’re still going strong!
- They’re super soft! Your face will thank you =)
- They’re beautiful! They’re pretty enough to leave on your counter as décor!
The best way to clean makeup brushes with Seint Brush Cleaner really is a breeze! Commit to taking better care of your brushes and they’ll take better care of you!
Here are other blogposts you might enjoy:
About the Author
JoEllen is a licensed aesthetician, makeup mentor, and certified John Maxwell coach, speaker, and trainer. She has been working with women for 18 years helping them look and feel confident. She loves teaching women simple beauty techniques so they can feel empowered to try it at home. She believes that when you look and feel good, you do good!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you choose to purchase an item featured in this post, I get a small portion from the sale. Thank you! It does not affect you at all.