All You Need to Know About the Seint MLM
You might have just heard about the makeup company called Seint or you might be a customer and love the products! Either way, you might be wondering, is Seint an MLM? Here’s all you need to know about the Seint MLM….
- Is Seint an MLM? Yes, Seint is a multi-level marketing company, or also known as network marketing or social selling company. However, it is NOT a pyramid scheme. Pyramid schemes are illegal.
- Does Seint makeup have discount codes? Seint does not offer discount codes, but you can save money by purchasing collections. You also have the opportunity to get palette credit when you order 4 or more makeup singles, you can earn rewards with a personal shopping link, or you can get a discount by becoming a Seint Artist. Learn more about saving money with Seint makeup.
- Pros to an MLM– You get to help carry out someone’s vision and grow together as a company. You get to share about products you love. You earn money by sharing what you love! You can work from anywhere, anytime. You get to be a part of a team that is uplifting and focuses on personal development. You can earn bonuses and rewards trips.
- Cons to an MLM– You are beholden to the rules of the company…and they can change their rules whenever they want. No matter what company you work for, there will be people that you don’t like or respect. Some teams have better resources than others. You don’t have a say in the product marketing, production, or growth of the company.
Is Seint an MLM?
Yes, Seint is an MLM (multi-level marketing company).
But, before you roll your eyes and swear off trying the products or supporting the company, hear me out. Why do MLMs, social selling, or network marketing companies get such a bad rap??? If you like the product and it serves you well, why does it matter? What’s wrong with buying from or becoming part of an MLM?
This needs to be said…an MLM is NOT the same as a pyramid scheme…. which a lot of people confuse. According to investopedia.com, “A pyramid scheme is an illegal investment scam based on a hierarchical setup that pays members higher up in the structure with funds from new members.” Whereas, according to thebalancesmb.com, “Multi-level marketing [MLM] is a distribution model companies use to get their product to consumers. Instead of directly offering their products to consumers online or in brick-and-mortar stores, they use sales representatives to distribute and sell their products.”
An MLM is NOT illegal. A pyramid scheme is. In a nutshell, an MLM is a company where distributors sell the products to customers. They have the chance to earn more money by selling more product and building teams. That doesn’t change the quality of the product or the way it’s made or delivered to you as the consumer. It’s basically buying a product directly from a person that can give you one on one help instead of buying it from a big corporation.
There are MLMs for hair products, nail products, skincare products, makeup, essential oils, exercise, all the things! And it’s so cool that you can support a small business and get the help that you need as the consumer. Wouldn’t you rather buy from someone that you personally know that you can go to with any questions you have about the product instead of buying from a big box store and hope that the product works well for you??
The Pros of an MLM
The are some great pros to being a part of an MLM. Here are some pros of an MLM:
- You get to help carry out someone’s vision and grow together as a company
- You get to share about products you love
- You earn money by sharing what you love!
- You can work from anywhere, anytime
- You get to be a part of a team that is uplifting and focuses on personal development
- You can earn bonuses and rewards trips
- You can earn a great living! Seint Artists can make anywhere from several hundreds of dollars to thousands of dollars a month.
For me personally, I love the flexibility that being a part of an MLM company provides for me. I’m able to work from home, homeschool my kids, travel the world, connect with women, and make a living for my family. I think the MLM model is actually a really cool way to support small businesses instead of huge corporations. It’s a way to get personalized help with awesome customer service.
The founder of Seint, Cara Brook, had the opportunity to sell her makeup in big brand corporations. But she chose to sell her products with the MLM model because she wanted other women representing the products and offering one on one help with the customers. She felt like it would be more personal and impactful than buying something from a store. And she’s right!
As a Seint Artist, I’m able to connect with women one on one and give them beauty help. You can’t get that from buying from a huge store that sells makeup. Amazon won’t call you to ask how the blush color you got is working out for you. But working with individual distributors will give you personalized help and connection. How cool is that?!
The Cons of an MLM
There are some pros to being a part of an MLM and there are definitely some cons. Here are some cons of an MLM:
- You are beholden to the rules of the company. And they can change their rules whenever they want.
- No matter what company you work for, there will be people that you don’t like or respect. (but isn’t that the case with anywhere you work?!)
- Some teams have better resources than others.
- You don’t have a say in the product marketing, production, or growth of the company.
Does Seint Makeup have Discount Codes Available?
Unless you’ve returned something and have store credit, Seint Artists don’t have Seint discount codes to share with their customers. But, have no fear! There are other ways that you can save money on your Seint makeup purchase!
Here are ways to save on Seint makeup:
- Seint Palette Credit
- Seint Collections
- Seint personal shopping link
- Become a Seint Artist
Seint Palette Credit
Seint has a really cool feature where you can earn palette credit! When you order 4 or more makeup singles, you can redeem your credit towards a compact/palette. Depending on how many makeup singles you buy and what size compact you have your eye on, you can earn a free compact! At the very least, you’ll get a discount on the Seint compact! It’s a great perk as a Seint customer.
Save on Seint By Buying Collections
You can get a discount on your Seint purchase when you buy a collection. When you buy a prebuilt bundle, you save money! Here are some of the collections you can save on:
Illuminator Collection– you save $11
Bronzer Collection– you save $10
Powder Collection– you save $11
Skincare Collection– you get free microfiber cloths ($32 value)
Lip & Cheek Collection– you save $40
Brush Collection– you save $41
Seint No. 4 Collection– you save $20
Seint No. 8 Collection– you save $32
Seint No. 12 Collection– you save $59
Seint Personal Shopping Link
You can get a Seint personal shopping link created to shop from! Whenever you make purchases from your link, you accumulate points to redeem towards free products! You can share your link with friends, family, and followers to shop from too. The more purchases you make, the more points you rack up! If you want a personal Seint shopping link set up for you, then email me to get started!
Become a Seint Artist
Seint isn’t like other social selling companies where they encourage you to sign up so you can get a discount on the kit and continue getting discounts as a customer. As a Seint Artist, you are encouraged to work closely with other women to help them feel confident and beautiful in their skin. The Seint Artist Kits are meant to help you build your business so you can help color match women.
When you become a Seint Artist, you can earn 20-40% commission. You always get 20% off your purchase, but when you order through one of your personal party links, you can get commission as well as earn credit to redeem towards free product.
You can learn Seint Artist FAQs to see if it would be a good fit for you!
How to do MLMs Better
Are some MLM sellers annoying? Do some of them sell the wrong way? Do some of them cold message people? Yes. Some might do that. And that’s unfortunate and that’s the wrong way to do it. If done right, the distributor tries to help and serve. They try to connect and teach. They try to genuinely care….at least that’s how I run my MLM business and that’s how I’m training my team to run theirs. There are great mentors out there like Bob Heilig and Kristen Boss that are trying to teach MLM-ers to sell better and show up in a more authentic way and have a service over sales mindset. And I hope that that helps change the MLM stigma over time. I hope that when you hear the name MLM, you won’t cringe, but you’ll look to the distributor or company with respect.
So, I hope knowing more about Seint MLM will only want you to support small businesses more. I hope it helps you understand the purpose behind the social selling. I hope it allows you to have a better customer service opportunity with distributors.
If you want help knowing what Seint makeup colors will work well for you and you want help building a custom compact to simplify your makeup routine, then I can help! (see what I mean?? I’m trying to serve you, not sell. I want to help make your life easier) If so, then fill out my quick Seint Color Match form so I know what your makeup needs and preferences are so I know what to recommend to you.
So in a nutshell, is Seint MLM? Yes. But Seint teaches their Seint Artists to do it better than it’s ever been done before. If you still have questions, I would be happy to answer them! Email me and we can chat!
You can learn more about Seint makeup.
You can learn about the Artist Program.
You can learn about joining my Seint team.
About the Author
JoEllen is a licensed aesthetician, makeup mentor, and certified John Maxwell coach, speaker, and trainer. She has been working with women for 18 years helping them look and feel confident. She loves teaching women simple beauty techniques so they can feel empowered to try it at home. She believes that when you look and feel good, you do good!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you choose to purchase an item featured in this post, I get a small portion from the sale. Thank you! It does not affect you at all.