Do you have those pesky jowls on your face? Most women do! Here’s how to hide jowls with makeup so you look your absolute best!
- What are jowls? Jowls are the loose skin along the jawline.
- How to prevent jowls? Jowls can be prevented by maintaining a healthy diet, staying hydrated, avoiding smoking, limiting sun exposure, being aware of your posture, and using a gua sha tool to perform facial massages.
- How can I get rid of jowls without a face lift? Jowls can be reduced by using a gua sha or facial tool to perform facial massages. Also, by using contour along your jawline you can diminish the appearance of jowls.
- How do you reduce the look of jowls? Jowls can be reduced by using a gua sha or facial tool to perform facial massages.
- How to hide jowls in photos? The best way to hide jowls in photos is by using contour along your jawline and holding your head high and neck out like a turtle.
- What’s the best makeup products to hide jowls? The best makeup to hide jowls is cream contour.
What are Jowls?
Jowls are found along your jawline. The skin starts to sag and droop, causing loose skin along the jaw. Jowls can be hereditary, but they can also appear due to the things you consume, the way you hold your head, and the amount of time you spend in the sun.
As you age, your skin loses elasticity and collagen and in turn it starts to sag more. If you have a fuller face, the skin naturally starts to sag more and the loose skin is more prominent along the jawline.
How to Prevent Jowls?
Can you prevent jowls?? If it’s in your genetics, it can be harder. But jowls can sometimes be prevented by maintaining a healthy diet, staying hydrated, avoiding smoking, limiting sun exposure, being aware of your posture and the way you hold your head, and using a gua sha tool to perform facial massages.
This gua sha tool is a great way to train your muscles and skin to be taut. When used regularly, you can tighten the skin along your jaw. (save 10% with this Wildling Beauty discount code at checkout: JOELLEN10)
Gua sha is a traditional Chinese massage that helps depuff, tighten, and sculpt your skin helping you age naturally and gracefully. It works great on those pesky jowls!!
How Can I Get Rid of Jowls Without a Face Lift?
The best way to get rid of jowls without a face lift is to maintain a healthy diet, exercise, and massage your face. The gua sha tool will be your best friend!
How Do You Reduce the Look of Jowls?
If you want to reduce the look of jowls, then use a gua sha tool daily. After you cleanse your face, apply a facial serum and then use the gua sha tool to massage your skin to help tighten that area. With regular use, your jowls will become less noticeable.
How to Hide Jowls in Photos
If you are worried about your jowls showing up in your photos, there are two tricks you can do:
- Contour- Contour along your jawline can give the illusion that your jowls are less prominent. Simply take cream contour and a contour brush, draw a line right along your jawbone, and blend it down. The shadow will give the appearance that you have a chiseled jawline. You can use the same trick on your double chin.
- Turtle- Now, this trick sounds funny and it will feel funny. But it will make you look fabulous! When posing for pictures, think like a turtle. Hold your head high and stick your chin and neck out like a turtle. This will stretch the skin along your chin and jaw out so there will be less sagging skin in that area. Try it!
Best Makeup Products to Hide Jowls
Makeup is a great way to hide your jowls! The best makeup to hide jowls is cream makeup. Cream makeup gives you a natural appearance, is easy to apply, and a breeze to blend!
What you’ll need to hide those pesky jowls are:
Apply the cream contour from your ear to ear right along your jawbone. Then blend the line down your neck. This will give the illusion that there is a prominent bone there.
Hopefully those tips will help you learn how to hide jowls with makeup. Give them a try and see how you like it!
Here are other blogposts you might enjoy:
About the Author
JoEllen is a licensed aesthetician, makeup mentor, and certified John Maxwell coach, speaker, and trainer. She has been working with women for 18 years helping them look and feel confident. She loves teaching women simple beauty techniques so they can feel empowered to try it at home. She believes that when you look and feel good, you do good!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you choose to purchase an item featured in this post, I get a small portion from the sale. Thank you! It does not affect you at all.