Whether you have purchased Seint makeup or you want to, this Seint makeup application guide will help you learn how to apply the makeup so you look and feel confident! There are lots of different ways to apply the makeup, so don’t get caught up in doing it perfectly. This guide will give you tips on the products and the techniques and you can play around with what works best for you! Once you get the hang of it, you will LOVE how quick and easy it is and how it helps you look fabulous!
What is Seint Makeup?
First off, what is Seint makeup? Seint is a beauty line created by Cara Killpack, a talented makeup artist. The makeup is designed to simplify your beauty routine by having to apply only one layer of makeup and from one simple compact. Seint is known for their iiid foundation that consists of a highlight, contour, blush and illuminator combo. The iiid cream makeup uses Highlight and Contouring (HAC) which uses a highlight shade to brighten your face and a contour shade to add dimension to your face. Along with iiid foundation, Seint also offers eyeshadows and other fun beauty products.
How to Apply Seint Makeup
Like I said before, there are lots of different ways to apply the makeup. There are different techniques to apply and different brushes to use. As long as you follow these steps below, it doesn’t really matter how you apply it:
- Contour– Apply contour on your cheekbone, along your hairline, along the top sides of your nose, and along your jawline. Contour adds shape, shadow, and dimension to your face. Apply it in the right places and you will look gorgeous! Read this contour tips and tricks guide so you can master contouring.
- Highlight– Highlight is your foundation (your skin color). Most women like to have 1-3 highlight shades in their compact so they can mix and match. There is a brightening highlight that helps brighten areas like under your eyes, middle of your forehead, middle of your chin, and down along the bridge of your nose. The main highlight is for along your jawline, cheeks, and forehead. A color correcting highlight is for any area that needs extra coverage from blemishes, redness, acne, hyperpigmentation, melasma, or dark circles.
- Lip + Cheek– Apply the lip + cheek color on the apples of your cheek for a fuller cheek look or higher on your cheekbone and into your contour for a lifted cheek look. And you can use it on your lips too! Lip + cheek colors are beautiful on their own or layered with other shades.
- Illuminator– Apply illuminator on the high point of your cheekbone to create a pretty glow. Also apply it under your brows, on the inner corner of your eyes, and the bow of your lip.
Seint Makeup Techniques
Here are some popular ways to apply Seint makeup: (you can find lots of other tutorials on Instagram or YouTube)
- Cheetah Method– Apply the cream makeup in dots like a paint by numbers coloring page. Then take a brush (my favorite for this technique is the Blush + Bronzer Brush) and blend the makeup. Start with the lighter colors first and move to the darker colors.
- One Brush- Apply and blend the cream makeup with one brush (IIID Brush, Detail Brush, Buff Brush, Blend Brush). Top the look off by using the Perfector Sponge for a flawless finish.
- Multiple Brushes- Apply and blend the makeup using multiple brushes. I personally like to use the Blush + Bronzer Brush to apply my highlight, the Detail Brush to apply my contour, and the Blend Brush to apply under my eyes and my blush. Each brush gives different finishes so it’s fun to play around with what you like best.
Tips on How to Apply Seint Makeup
The cool thing with makeup is that you get to do it however you want! You get to be creative and wear it how you feel best. There is not one perfect way for applying Seint makeup…there are lots of options! You may have seen tutorials where only one brushed is used. You may have seen tutorials where multiple brushes are used. You may have seen tutorials where the highlight is applied first and in another one, the contour is applied first. There are lots of options. You get to play around and see what you like best.
No matter how you choose to apply and blend the makeup, there are a few things that will help you get a beautiful application. Let me give you a few tips on how to apply Seint makeup so you love how you look!
- Wear the right shades- The most important thing is that you get the right makeup shades…that’s key! If you have no idea what Seint makeup colors will look best on you, then you can look at the Color Match Guide, take the quick Color Match Quiz, or fill out the Makeup Survey to get personalized help.
- Invest in a Seint makeup brush- Trust me, it makes a big difference! The Seint makeup brushes are specifically made to work with cream makeup. I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve had customers tell me they regretted not getting a Seint brush from the start. It matters.
- Less is more- We’re used to slopping on a ton of foundation and applying it all over our face. With cream makeup, less is more. When you have the right colors, you really don’t need a lot of product to get great coverage. When you apply too much, you will notice creasing and cakiness. Applying less will give you coverage but also a natural appearance.
- A makeup sponge is you best friend! The Perfector Sponge will help you blend your makeup beautifully! If you apply too much makeup, it will pick up the excess. It will also press your makeup into your face, giving you a natural appearance. Watch the tutorial on how to prep a makeup sponge and how to use a makeup sponge.
- Skincare matters- If you want a great makeup application, you must have a great skincare routine. Cleanse, tone, and moisturize daily and exfoliate weekly. Seint has a great skincare line that works beautifully with the makeup.
- Shave your face- Yes, you read that right! We all have peach fuzz, there’s no shame. But that peach fuzz can get in the way of a smooth application. Simply shave it a few times a month with a facial razor to get a smooth surface. Your cream makeup will apply and blend beautifully!
Seint Troubleshooting Tips
Cream makeup can get a little getting used to. There are some products that work better than others with the makeup. Refer to this Seint Troubleshooting Guide if you notice that your makeup isn’t applying and blending as well as it should.
Also check out these posts to help you troubleshoot Seint makeup:
The Best Primer for Seint Makeup
The Best Sunscreen for Seint Makeup
The Best Moisturizer for Seint Makeup
The Best Powder for Seint Makeup
Makeup is meant to enhance your beauty! Have fun with playing around with the colors, products, and techniques! Use this Seint makeup application guide for reference if you need help.
If you need help picking out your perfect makeup colors so you look your best, I’m your gal! Text #match to (928) 223-5388 or fill out the makeup survey to get started!
Here are other blogposts you might enjoy:
How to Color Match Yourself with Seint Makeup
Eyeshadow Tips for Hooded Eyes
*This post contains affiliate links. If you choose to purchase an item featured in this post, I get a small portion from the sale. Thank you! It does not affect you at all.