Best Makeup for Oily Skin
Do you have oily skin? Sometimes it can be tricky knowing how to keep the oil at bay all day! Here is the best makeup for oily skin and some tips to help keep it fresh all day!
Cream Makeup for Oily Skin
Cream makeup works really well with oily skin! It applies and blends like a dream! The best cream makeup is, hands down, IIID foundation
. Everything is completely customizable and fits into one compact.
Having a great makeup is half the battle. You also need good skin prep and setting to help it last all day!
How to Prep Your Makeup for Oily Skin
A good skincare routine is key! And when you have oily skin, it’s crucial to prep your skin well before you apply your makeup. Commit to cleansing, toning, and moisturizing every night before you go to bed. No exceptions. Once or twice a week, exfoliate
to help slough off dead skin cells and keep your skin nice and smooth and healthy.
Take the skincare analysis
so you know what products will be best for your skin.
Sunscreen for Oily Skin
We all know we’re supposed to protect out face from the sun to avoid sun damage. But not all sunscreens are created equal and some even work against our makeup! And with oily skin, it can make your skin even oilier. So, choosing the right sunscreen is key. One that I use and love is this sunscreen
. I love that it’s light and leaves a matte finish. As a woman with oily skin, I don’t need more greasiness or oiliness added to my face. And this one works great!
Setting Spray for Oily Skin
Have you heard of makeup setting spray? It’s like hairspray for your face! It’s especially formatted for your face so you won’t get breakouts. It can act as a primer and as a setting spray.
This works great with oily skin. To apply, you can try any or all of these three ways:
- Spray your face before you apply your makeup. You can try a light spritz or a drench. The key is to let it airdry and then you can apply your makeup.
- Spray your face after you apply your makeup. After you apply your makeup (but before you apply your mascara….because it can make a mess of it!), spritz your face with the Stay Setting Spray and let it dry.
- Spray your face before and after you apply your makeup! You can try both to see if you like that extra bit of staying power!
This Stay Setting Spray
Powder for Oily Skin
Powder will be your best friend when you have oily skin!! Setting your makeup with powder will help absorb the excess oil on your face. You can try a few different ways to apply the powder and see what works best for you:
- Apply a light layer of powder before you apply your makeup to help absorb any oil on your face. Then apply your makeup.
- Apply a light layer of powder after you apply your makeup. Set your cream makeup with a light layer of powder on your oiliest parts of your face.
- Apply a light layer of powder before and after you apply your makeup on the areas that are the oiliest.
- After you apply your makeup, completely cake on the powder on the oiliest parts of your face. Layer it on and let it sit or “bake” to absorb the oil. After a few minutes, take a fluffy makeup brush and lightly dust off the excess powder.
This Vanilla Dust Setting Powder
works great. It fits right into your custom compact! I also love this loose setting powder
. My favorite brush ever to apply powder (whether pressed or loose powder) is this one HERE
. I love that I can apply it exactly where I need it.
Cream makeup is best for oily skin when your skin is prepped well and you set it! Give it a try!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you choose to purchase an item featured in this post, I get a small portion from the sale. Thank you! It does not affect you at all.