- What are marionette lines? Marionette lines are vertical creases on your face that extend from your mouth to your chin. They get their name from the marionette puppet mouth.
- How to prevent marionette lines? Marionette lines are a natural part of aging. You can prevent them by maintaining a good diet, drinking lots of water, being mindful of your facial expressions, doing facials massage, and by using facial patches.
- How to make marionette lines less noticeable? Marionette lines can be lessened by using facial massage, facial patches, fillers, or surgery.
- Best makeup to hide marionette lines with? Cream makeup is the best makeup for minimizing the appearance of marionette lines.
- Is there a natural way to get rid of marionette lines? The best natural way to get rid of marionette lines is by using a gua sha tool to massage the face or by using facial patches like Frownies.
What are Marionette Lines?
Marionette lines are vertical creases on your face that extend from your mouth to your chin. They get their name from the marionette puppet mouth. Marionette lines can be hereditary but they can also appear with age, what you consume, and from your lifestyle.
How to Prevent Marionette Lines
Marionette lines are a natural part of aging. You can prevent them by maintaining a good diet, drinking lots of water, being mindful of your facial expressions, doing facials massage, and by using facial patches.
Can Makeup Help with Marionette Lines?
With the right makeup, you can help hide those marionette lines. Cream makeup is a great option because it melts into your face, making the makeup look natural but still giving you the coverage you need. IIID foundation is the best cream makeup! You apply it in one layer but since each foundation is a different shade, it provides shadow and dimension to your face. This will help enhance your best features and draw the attention away from the less attractive features of your marionette lines.
How to Make Marionette Lines Less Noticeable
My two favorite ways to help minimize the look of the pesky lines are by using a gua sha tool to perform facial massage. With consistent use, they can help minimize fine lines and wrinkles. To save 10% on my favorite gua sha tool, use this discount code at checkout: JOELLEN10
Another way to make the lines less noticeable is to use facial patches like Frownies. With consistent use, you may notice that the lines lessen over time.
How Do You Hide Marionette Lines with Makeup?
Makeup can’t truly hide marionette lines, but it can help lessen the appearance. Cream makeup is great for melting into your fine lines and wrinkles, giving you a natural skin like look.
My favorite kind of cream makeup is iiid foundation. It is applied in one layer, but each foundation is a different shade. This gives your face more dimension and helps it appear more youthful.
Best Makeup to Hide Marionette Lines With
In my opinion, I think cream makeup is the best makeup for fine lines and wrinkles. Cream makeup literally melts into your cracks, creases, and crevices, giving you a natural appearance but still providing great coverage.
By using cream iiid foundation, you are adding shape, shadow, and dimension to your face so you minimize the distractions of the marionette lines. You are creating chiseled cheekbones and jawlines so you bring out your best features.
If you need help knowing what makeup shades to wear, fill out my quick makeup survey and I will give you my personal recommendations that will help you look your best!
Is There a Natural Way to Get Rid of Marionette Lines?
Hopefully those makeup tricks to hide marionette lines will help you look and feel beautiful!
Here are other blogposts you might enjoy:
About the Author
JoEllen is a licensed aesthetician, makeup mentor, and certified John Maxwell coach, speaker, and trainer. She has been working with women for 18 years helping them look and feel confident. She loves teaching women simple beauty techniques so they can feel empowered to try it at home. She believes that when you look and feel good, you do good!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you choose to purchase an item featured in this post, I get a small portion from the sale. Thank you! It does not affect you at all.