You may have seen the tomato girl summer, tomato girl makeup, or tomato girl aesthetic trend cycling around on TikTok or other social media platforms. And you’re probably wondering with the rest of the world what it even means!! Keep scrolling to learn some tips on embracing the tomato girl aesthetic with Seint makeup and see if this trend is for you!
- What is Tomato Girl aesthetic? Tomato girl aesthetic was born from a viral TikTok trend that embraces the Mediterranean aesthetic. Think the easy breezy chic lifestyle of the Italian coast. This trend encompasses large floral prints, linen, ruffles, embroidered blouses, gingham, stripes, espadrilles. The tomato girl aesthetic embraces those styles as well as colors you’d find in the garden like reds and greens and the blues of the sea, mixed with neutrals like tan, black, and white. It’s this casual chic vibe.
- What is Tomato Girl makeup? When creating this effortless tomato girl makeup look, think of sun-kissed skin, rosy cheeks, light mascara, and a soft lip. You want to make it look like you’ve just spent the day in the sun and you naturally look flushed and youthful.
- What products can be used to achieve the tomato girl makeup look? To create this look, you will need Cream bronzer, cream blush, mascara, and a soft lip color.
What is Tomato Girl Aesthetic?
Tomato girl aesthetic was born from a viral TikTok trend that embraces the Mediterranean aesthetic. Think the easy breezy chic lifestyle of the Italian coast. This trend encompasses large floral prints, linen, ruffles, embroidered blouses, gingham, stripes, espadrilles.
If you’ve ever visited parts of the Mediterranean coastal cities, then you know that they have this amazing ability to look casual and chic and effortless. The tomato girl aesthetic embraces those styles as well as colors you’d find in the garden like reds and greens and the blues of the sea, mixed with neutrals like tan, black, and white. It’s this casual chic vibe.
Our family lived in Italy for 2 years. We lived in a small town an hour and a half south of the Amalfi Coast. We tried to visit the coast as often as we could because it is just as amazing as it looks like in the movies! It is so dreamy! The blue sea, the bright umbrellas dotting the sandy beaches, the grape vineyards layering the hillside, the tomatoes growing from backyards, lemons the size of grapefruit hanging from trees, hand painted pottery, fruit and floral prints hanging from local store racks, linen swaying in the breeze in open store windows. Oh I LOVE Amalfi, Positano, Sorrento… I feel the tomato girl aesthetic because I’ve lived it!
Let’s dig into how you can achieve the tomato girl summer makeup look so you can feel and look as effortless as the Italian women….
What is Tomato Girl Makeup?
Tomato girl summer style is one thing and tomato girl summer makeup is an addition to this fun trend. When creating this effortless makeup look, think of sun-kissed skin, rosy cheeks, light mascara, and a soft lip. You want to make it look like you’ve just spent the day in the sun, and you naturally look flushed and youthful.
What Products Can Be Used to Achieve Tomato Girl Makeup?
Now that you know what this fun summer look includes, what products do you need to achieve it?
Let’s break it down:
- Sun-kissed Glow- To get a naturally looking sun-kissed glow, you need a great bronzer. Cream bronzer is the best because it applies and blends beautifully into your skin giving you the color you need without looking too orange.
- Rosy Cheeks- As with cream bronzer, cream blush is a great way to add a natural looking flush to your skin. A true tomato girl aesthetic look embraces a really rosy cheek. So apply a rosy cream blush on the apples of your cheek and blend up along your cheekbone. You can also take the red and brush it across your nose. Any of these cream blush shades will be perfect: Sandstone, Sangria, Saffron, Scarlet, Pop. Look at these lip + cheek swatches to see what color will look best on you.
- Pretty Glow- It’s pure magic when the light hits your face and you just glow! Add a hint of illuminator on top of your cheekbones, under your brow, and on your Cupid’s bow for a pretty glow!
- Mascara– This look is not a heavy and dramatic mascara look but a light and natural mascara look. Apply a light layer to add black to your lashes.
- Soft Lip- Since you are going with a rosy cheek, use a more natural color to create a soft lip. Simply apply the lip color with a clean finger or with this Multitasker Brush. Any of these shades will be perfect: Sadie, Ibiza, Boardwalk, Desert Sunset, Ballerina
Tomato Girl Aesthetic Tutorial
Before applying your makeup to get this look, always start with a clean face. Then apply sunscreen before your makeup so your skin is protected and you get that summer dewey glow. Here’s my favorite sunscreen. (you can save 20% with this code: JOELLEN20) Here is a step-by-step tutorial on how to create the tomato girl aesthetic with Seint makeup:
- Step one– start by evening out your skin tone with a light layer of foundation. I prefer cream highlight because it blends beautifully into your skin without the cakey or heavy look.
- Step two– Take cream bronzer and a bronzer brush to apply bronzer to the highest points of your face (cheeks, cheek bones, chin, nose, and forehead) Save $11 when you buy the bronzer + brush as a bundle! You can even use your bronzer as eyeshadow!
- Step three– Take cream blush and a blush brush and apply blush on the the apples of your cheek and blend up along your cheekbone. You can also take the red and brush it across your nose.
- Step four– Achieve a pretty glow by adding illuminator on top of your cheekbones, under your brow, and on your Cupid’s bow for a pretty glow!
- Step five– Apply a light layer of mascara to your upper and lower lashes.
- Step six– Create a soft lip by applying a natural lip color to your lips.
Do those 6 simple steps and you will have a beautiful tomato girl summer makeup look in minutes! Toss on something easy and breezy to complete the look!
If you can’t visit the Mediterranean in person, at least use these tips embracing the tomato girl aesthetic with Seint makeup so you can look the part.
Here are some other blog posts that you might enjoy:
About the Author
JoEllen is a licensed aesthetician, makeup mentor, and certified John Maxwell coach, speaker, and trainer. She has been working with women for 18 years helping them look and feel confident. She loves teaching women simple beauty techniques so they can feel empowered to try it at home. She believes that when you look and feel good, you do good!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you choose to purchase an item featured in this post, I get a small portion from the sale. Thank you! It does not affect you at all.