Does what you eat affect your beauty? Keep scrolling to see why good nutrition is essential for your beauty routine!
Does Food Affect Your Beauty?
Does food really affect your beauty routine? The answer is yes! Our skin is the largest organ on our body. What we eat and drink affects how our skin looks and feels. According to Fountain Grove Med Spa, “a diet high in sugar and processed foods can lead to inflammation, acne breakouts, and premature aging of the skin.”
Yikes! All those candies, sodas, and sweet snacks are not doing your skin any good!
Which Food is Best for Beauty?
So if a lot of sugar is bad for your skin, what food is best for your beauty? Eating a balanced diet is going to be the best if you want healthy skin. Here are some foods that you should seek out:
- Nuts. (Brazil nuts & walnuts)
- Non-dairy milk (almond milk, oat milk, coconut milk)
- Fish (salmon, tuna, mackerel)
- Berries (blackberries & blueberries)
- Healthy oils (olive oil, safflower oil, pumpkin seed oil)
- Sweet potatoes
- Dark chocolate (I fully support this!) 😉
Basically, foods that are rich in vitamins and healthy fats are great for your skin!
What Foods to Avoid for Beautiful Skin
When it comes to the foods you should avoid for healthy skin, it comes down to staying clear of a lot of processed foods. These foods in particular should be avoided:
- Dairy products (milk, cheese, butter, yogurt, ice cream)
- Refined carbs (white rice, white flour, white sugar)
- Fatty foods
- Whey protein
- Processed meats
- Fried foods
- Energy drinks
Good Skincare Routine for Beautiful Skin
If you want beautiful skin, you must take good care of it! The food you eat matters and the skincare you use matters. When it comes to skincare, I personally believe less is more. Less ingredients that are wholesome and natural and less products will help you have healthy skin. It’s crucial to cleanse and prep your face at night so your skin can renew itself while you sleep. Here are some of my very favorite products that I use in my nightly skincare routine:
- The Daily Essential Co Oil Cleanse– (Get 10% off with this discount code: TDEJOELLEN)
- The Daily Essential Co C:Luornic– (Get 10% off with this discount code: TDEJOELLEN)
- The Daily Essential Co Jojobae Serum– (Get 10% off with this discount code: TDEJOELLEN)
- Dime Beauty Restorative Night Cream– (Save 20% with this discount code: JOELLEN)
- Dime Beauty Luminosity Eye Serum– (Save 20% with this discount code: JOELLEN)
Hopefully that gives you some clarity and encouragement to put better things in your body so you have a better beauty routine! Commit to putting better things in your body so you have healthy and happy glowing skin! Make sure to check out How to Achieve the Perfect Glass Skin Look so you really shine!
Here are some other blogposts you might enjoy:
About the Author
JoEllen is a licensed aesthetician, certified makeup artist, and certified John Maxwell coach, speaker, and trainer. She works with women helping them look and feel confident. She loves teaching women simple beauty techniques so they can feel empowered to try it at home. Her motto is that when you look and feel good, you do good!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you choose to purchase an item featured in this post, I get a small portion from the sale. Thank you! It does not affect you at all.