Red light therapy is all the rage right now! What was once only available in for use in dermatologist’s offices is now accessible to anyone to use at home! Two of the most popular red light therapy tools are the Omnilux Contour Face Mask and the Solawave wand. But what red light therapy at home is best? Let me break it down for you so you can decide….
All About the Omnilux Contour Face Mask
The Omnilux Contour is a red light therapy device that is worn as a mask on your entire face. It has been the top LED since 2003.
According to the Omnilux website, the Omnilux Contour Face list’s of benefits are that it:
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduces the appearance of pigmentation and redness
- Promotes healthier, younger-looking skin
- All natural. No pain, side effects, or downtime
To use the red light therapy mask, you wear the mask three to five times a week for 10-minute increments for 4-6 weeks, followed by maintenance as desired.
The Omnilux Contour Face mask is $395. (keeping scrolling for a discount code)
- 30-day money back guarantee
- 2-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Medical grade phototherapy
- The mask is portable so you can wear it and multitask if you want
- It is made of a flexible silicon and has adjustable straps, making it easy to mold to any face shape and size
- It comes with a carrying pouch to protect it and transport if you want to take it when you travel
- It comes with 4 adapters for global use
- You don’t need to apply anything to your face before you use the mask
- The mask is big and can look crazy on 😉
- It is expensive
*These reviews are taken from the Omnilux website.
All About the Solawave Radiant Renewal Wand
The Solawave Radiant Renewal Wand is a small device that you rub on your face.
According to the Solawave website, some of the benefits of the wand are:
- It smoothes fine lines
- Boosts skin’s glow
- Fades blemishes
- Boosts the effects of serums and creams
- Boosts hydration
- Prevents breakouts
- Decreases puffiness
- Increases firmness
Use the wand by focusing for 3 minutes on each area of your face (12 minutes in total), 3-5 times a week.
The Solawave Radiant Renewal Wand is $201. (keep scrolling for a discount code)
- The wand is small so it takes up little space
- It’s easy to transport and travel with
- It combines 4 in 1 features: red light therapy, galvanic current, therapeutic warmth, facial massage
- Mess free
- You have to move the wand in 3 minute intervals on different parts of your face. This can make your hand tired and won’t allow you to do anything else while you’re using it.
- It works best to apply serum on first and then use the wand.
*These reviews are taken from the Solawave website.
My Review on the Omnilux Contour Face Mask
I own both red light therapy at home devices and I really enjoy both of them! The Omnilux Contour Face mask is really easy to use. I like to do my 10 minute session while I sit in my bedroom recliner, close my eyes, and listen to my scriptures. It’s my little me time and I love multitasking! I simply put the mask on and sit and listen. It’s the lazy woman’s way to get younger looking skin!
Because the mask is larger, I don’t travel with it. But it fits nicely into the fabric carrying case that I keep in my bathroom closet.
My Review on the Solawave Wand
I love that the Solawave wand is tiny! It makes it easy to keep in my drawer or toss in my toiletry bag when I travel.
After I wash my face at night, I apply my favorite Jojobae serum (save 10% with this code: TDEJOELLEN) and I maneuver the wand over my face. I prefer that serum over the one that comes with the Solawave wand because it is more natural and helps the wand glide better.
I don’t like that I have to maneuver the wand on my face manually for 3 minutes on each section. My hand gets tired. But if you wash your face and then put on a favorite show while you work your wand, it’s not too bad. =)
Omnilux Versus Solawave
If I had to choose a favorite between the two, I would pick the Omnilux Contour Face mask. It’s just so easy to use! It’s very user friendly. Simply put the mask on, turn it on, and get something done while you wear it.
If you’re on a budget, the Solawave wand is a better option for you. If you travel a lot, the Solawave wand is also easier to travel with.
You really can’t go wrong with either one. I have both, use both, and they both work great! After consistent use, I have noticed less fine lines and wrinkles, less redness, and my skin is smoother. I will continue to use red light therapy at home so I can continue to look more youthful!
Omnilux Discount Code
Lucky for you, I have an Omnilux discount code to share with you so you can save a little money! Save 10% with this discount code: JOELLEN10
Solawave Discount Code
The Solawave wand is already a great price, but save more money with this Solawave discount code: IAMJOELLEN
Here are some other blog posts that you might enjoy:
About the Author
JoEllen is a licensed aesthetician, certified makeup artist, and certified John Maxwell coach, speaker, and trainer. She works with women helping them look and feel confident. She loves teaching women simple beauty techniques so they can feel empowered to try it at home. Her motto is that when you look and feel good, you do good!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you choose to purchase an item featured in this post, I get a small portion from the sale. Thank you! It does not affect you at all.