If you’re reading this blog post, you are either a teen or a mom looking for ideas for makeup looks for homecoming! Homecoming is such a fun time to hang out with friends and make memories together. Let’s not stress about looking perfect, but enhancing your natural beauty so you can shine your light! Here are some simple makeup for HOCO ideas that you can easily recreate on your own….
Most teen girls don’t like to wear too much makeup. The barely there makeup look is very popular right now and teens can totally pull the look off! When you have a good skincare routine, your skin is the star of the show in your beauty routine and you really don’t need to wear a lot of makeup.
In my makeup artist opinion, Seint makeup is the best makeup for teens! It’s quick and easy to apply, everything fits into one compact, and it can be done on the go.
Plus, you can create your own custom palette!
Natural Makeup Looks for HOCO
So, whether you wear a ton of makeup, no makeup, or something in between, a natural makeup look is a great look to go for when getting ready for HOCO.
When achieving a natural makeup look, you might still end up using a lot of makeup products but it’s the color choice that is key. Natural makeup embraces light, bright, and natural colors.
What products do you need for a natural makeup look for HOCO? Here’s what I think:
- Highlight– this will help even out your skin tone and cover any blemishes. Less is more.
- Bronzer– this will help give you a sun-kissed glow and add a little dimension to your face. It’s not as strong as contour but will give your face a soft shape.
- Blush– this will give you a pretty flush. Choose a color that isn’t too bright, but more natural.
- Illuminator– this will help you glow! Apply it above your cheekbones for a pretty shine! If you want a subtle glow, use a cream illuminator. If you want a more dramatic glow, then use a powder illuminator.
- Eyeshadow– choose colors that aren’t bold if you want a natural look. Stick to browns, tans, and pinks. Here’s a great natural eyeshadow look.
- Mascara– this will help your lashes look long and luscious!
- Lipstick– this will help polish your look off. But since you’re going for a natural look, stick to nudes or light pinks or corals.
Eyeshadow Looks for HOCO
If you want to go for a simple makeup look for HOCO, then eyeshadow will be the place where you want to have fun! Keep the rest of your face makeup easy and then dress up your eyes with pretty eyeshadows.
You can pick colors that match your dress so you coordinate nicely, or you can choose colors that will complement your eye coloring. It’s up to you!
Check out these Seint eyeshadow swatches so you can get a good idea of what they look like! Hold your dress up to the swatches to see what colors will look great with it.
Here are some fun eyeshadow combos that will look great for any HOCO look!
Not sure how to apply eyeshadow? Watch these simple eyeshadow tutorials to get a quick eyeshadow look:
Makeup Looks for HOCO
Here are some other makeup looks you can recreate for homecoming:
Have the best time at HOCO! Remember, you are beautiful just the way you are! And a smile is the best thing you can wear!
Here are other blogposts you might enjoy:
About the Author
JoEllen is a licensed aesthetician, certified makeup artist, and certified John Maxwell coach, speaker, and trainer. She has been working with women for 18 years helping them look and feel confident. She loves teaching women simple beauty techniques so they can feel empowered to try it at home. She believes that when you look and feel good, you do good!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you choose to purchase an item featured in this post, I get a small portion from the sale. Thank you! It does not affect you at all.